How do I set up a button so it opens email client when clicked?
This article will step you through editing your site so you can change the button from a link to an email.
- When in the Mixo editor, open the hero section in the left hand side
- On the default site, hide the Signup form.
- Show the button. Update the button to “Contact us” and then update the Button link to
mailto:email@example.com. See below for details for how to configure mailto.
- Save and publish your site
What is the mailto link
mailto: is a type of hyperlink that allows you to create a link to an email address. When users click on a mailto: link, it opens their default email client (such as Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo Mail) with the recipient’s email address already populated in the “To” field. The user can then compose and send an email to that address directly from their email client.
Options you can add to the mailto link
Mailto: links are used to open a user’s default email client and create a new email message. Here are some options that can be added to a mailto: link:
- Subject line: This option adds a subject line to the email message. Example:
This link will open the user’s email client with a new email message with the subject line “New Project”.
- Body text: This option adds pre-written text to the email message. Example:
This link will open the user’s email client with a new email message with the pre-written text “Hello World” in the body.
- CC: This option adds one or more email addresses to the CC field of the email message. Example:
This link will open the user’s email client with a new email message with two email addresses added to the CC field.
Join our community of makers turning their ideas into startups.
“ I was able to create an amazing website within five minutes. Everything was done for me, with just minor input from me. Truly amazing! ” - Dianne De Costa